La Roque d'Anthéron Tourisme
Home
Calendar
Facebook
 ▼

New ! an historic route made of ten signs, to find out througth the streets of the village...

The Cours Foch in 1900
The Cours Foch in 1900
At the time, we did not speak of Cours Foch or even of "Cours". It was the "Cous" which in 1881 became the location of the school.
Read more
Wash-house and fountain: daily water in the village
Wash-house and fountain: daily water in the village
The fountain was of great importance to the Roccasiers, the inhabitants drew water from it which came from a source located in the hill of the town.
Read more
The cherry market
The cherry market
In the past, the “cherry market” of La Roque d'Anthéron was one of the most famous in the area, because the village had many cherry producers.
Read more
An intense commercial life at the beginning of the century
An intense commercial life at the beginning of the century
The arrival of the railway in La Roque d'Anthéron in July 1889 favored the installation of lot of shops in the village.
Read more
The Champs Elysées of La Roque d'Anthéron
The Champs Elysées of La Roque d'Anthéron
Boulevard Adam de Craponne has often changed its name : formerly rue du Vabre, then rue de la Gare, then rue des Alliés, before being baptized Boulevard Adam de Craponne.
Read more
The opening of the rail station
The opening of the rail station
On 12 March 1888, on the agenda of an extraordinary meeting of the municipal council : the project to create a railway line for the Bouches-du-Rhône departement.
Read more
The church, the bell and advertising
The church, the bell and advertising
On 11 November 1918, Armistice Day, the beautiful bell had rung for hours, to crackation.
Read more
Forbin Castle, a royal history
Forbin Castle, a royal history
Quickly built, between 1598 and 1667, the castle was limited to one building and two towers. This first castle is only a simple "pied-à-terre" for Jean de Forbin, who came from a noble family in Provence.
Read more
Clémenceau street, in the heart of the village
Clémenceau street, in the heart of the village
The Rue Clémenceau was a main shopping street.
Read more
Place de la République: between town hall and fountain
Place de la République: between town hall and fountain
The building to the right of the old town hall housed the "Fraternity circle" from 1898 to 1934.
Read more
La Roque d'Anthéron Tourisme
13 cours Foch 13640 La Roque d'Anthéron
+33 (0)4 42 50 70 74 ~ Contact us ~ Legal notice ~ Privacy policy
Facebook Twitter Google Plus
La Roque d'Anthéron Tourisme