There were then two classes for boys and two for girls clearly distinguished as well as a children's class. Compare the photo and the reality: the fountain has been moved! Indeed, during the 20th century it was destroyed and a new fountain was built a little further on the place.
Since 1900, the school has been in the same building. However, over the years, a major change has been made to this building. The Victor-Hugo school was raised by one floor in the early 1950s.